Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Easter 2018

We had a quiet Easter weekend which was combined with Conference weekend. I had to work Saturday until 2:00pm so I missed most of Conference that day but Jarom was home with the kids. Triston was at his parents' house. After work I saw a couple of talks of conference and then Leslie wanted to get together because Chris was going to the Priesthood Session with his dad and brothers. So Leslie and I ran a few of my last minute Easter errands and then she came back to my house with Clara. Jarom had baked potatoes in the oven and was grilling steaks. I cut up steak and made Leslie's plate up so she could eat really fast and then nurse Clara in the girls' room because it was time for the baby to eat too! Clara was crying in the car at the end of our errands. I watched the Priesthood session of Conference on TV with Jarom and Dallin. New announcements were made about combining the Elders and High Priests quorums in every ward.  My twins made a layered jello of rainbow colors. They kept at it all night waiting for one layer to congeal before adding the next layer. They also made a cake that didn't work out. I saw the mess of the first layer of frosting and questioned their method and Sean exclaimed, "It's the crumb coat!" haha! They have been watching baking shows!

Carly has been counting down the days until Easter for months! She has been begging anyone in the house to get out the Easter baskets. They were buried under heavy bins in the garage. The poor girl finally got ahold of her basket this week and set them out in the living room. She woke up early Easter morning and woke me up at 6:30am to watch her dig into her basket. I think she was pleased that the bunny came. She got some modeling dough and a necklace and candy. Morgan got what she requested: a hair brush and film for her Polaroid camera. Sean got water balloons and Lego sticky tape to mount Lego figures. Dallin got carburetor cleaner. Jarom got his customary Andes mints from his secret Easter Bunny.

I love General Conference Sundays when we have nowhere to go and no reason to get dressed up. We watched the sessions of conference in our jammies and ate candy for breakfast and lunch. Announcements were made about the end of home teaching and visiting teaching as we know it. Texts ensued from our RS president, Lorena Seeley, to our presidency. I made rolls between sessions and Jarom heated up a ham. The kids stayed occupied and quiet playing with their modeling dough. They made gnomes complete with garden tools and teeny tiny lanterns. Sean made a pirate gnome too.

We went to Easter Dinner at Scott and Shelbie's house. Shannon was there too. We had a small gathering because everyone else in the family had out of town visitors or went somewhere else. We had a very fun egg hunt. Morgan and Sean hid the eggs which was a great relief to me. I have never enjoyed doing the hiding. The weather had been warm in the day but was perfect in the evening. The kids played so well and happily together. Jarom and Scott hit plastic baseballs out of the yard and Dallin joined them. After it got dark, the kids entertained us with singing and dancing from "The Greatest Showman". It was a hit!






This is how I watch Conference: with Morgan brushing and braiding my hair.


Too cool to search for eggs. Not too cool to swing on the swings. 


Beautiful Paige showing "Marsh" her basket. Paige has finally taken a liking to me! I couldn't be more thrilled!


This is Morgan's happy place. 




Leslie was sending me and my parents pictures of this Cutie on her first Easter



No comments: