We had just gotten home from our cruise and everyone was pretty partied-out but we still held our traditional green chili burros and cocoa Christmas Eve dinner. We went over to Greg's house for the celebration. I didn't entirely get out of cooking because I made green chili and salsa for Ryan's family. Terri's parents came to town while they were still on the cruise so I helped her prepare for a gathering at her house when she had absolutely zero prep time. With my parents on their mission, and most of my siblings spending Christmas with the "other" side, we had a small gathering.
Cookies and oranges and milk were set out for Santa on the fireplace.
This is the one night that I can force them to stand for a picture and they will plaster smiles on their faces!
Santa came!
Morgan's loot. She was asking for a guitar for a few months and Jarom's heart was softened on Christmas Eve and he took to Craigslist to find the perfect thing. He didn't do too bad!
Sean's haul.
Carly's pile. Probably the last year she will ask for a doll. My heart is soaking up the last of her little-girlhood.And Dallin got a conservative offering, but he is the most expensive child through the year. He got a Fire tablet, my old camcorder with a new battery and an art set.
A new nose trimmer!
I have always loved the madness and mess of a happy Christmas morning.
Christmas fell on a Sunday so we were off to church by mid-morning,
Oh, my heart!
We still met at my parents' house even with them gone to roast the perfect prime rib with all the fixins. Always the best meal of the year!







No comments:
Post a Comment